Dear WJA members,
Following the WJA Board of Governors election held on November 2, 2017 during the Closing Day of the Biennial Congress held in Aruba, the Election Committee has pronnounced its decision regarding the grievances presented by Ms. Kim Quarles, candidate running for the Presidency of our organisation.
According to the Election Committee decision, the WJA 2017-2019 Board of Governors will be integrated by:
- President – Franklin Hoet-Linares (Venezuela)
- 1st Vice President – Tao Kaiyuan (People’s Republic of China)
- 2nd Vice President – Zayed Alshamsi (United Arab Emirates)
- 3rd Vice President – Glendeline Croes (Aruba)
- World Association of Judges – Peter N.C. Umeadi (Nigeria)
- World Association of Lawyers – Jacinto Soler Padró (Spain)
- World Association of Law Professors – Alberto Jurado Salazar (Venezuela)
- Association of Business Associates – Alexander Löw (Germany)
WJA congratulates all the new members of the Board of Governors and appreciates the work done by the Election Committee.
Read here the full text of the Election Committee Decision https://old.worldjurist.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Decision-of-the-Election-Committee-2nd-Nov-2017.pdf